Self-driving cars are no longer a futuristic idea. Major auto manufacturers have already released, or are soon to release, cars with self-driving features. To operate safely these autonomous vehicles require purpose-built HD Map datasets, which contain significantly more detailed information and true-ground absolute-accuracy than currently found in conventional resources.
Sanborn’s Advanced Technology group, a leader in the development of HD Map technology since 2014, has developed Sanborn M-Map™ a proprietary HD Mapping technology that leverages Aerial Imagery, Aerial Lidar data, and Mobile (driven) Lidar data to create standardized, high-precision 3D base maps focusing specifically on the needs of self-driving vehicle models and markets.
In order to support nearly all autonomous driving use cases, Sanborn has developed a unique set of flexible, highly accurate HD Map product offerings. Sanborn’s Urban, Highway, and Specialty HD Maps are offered in nearly all supported HD Map formats and can be combined and customized to meet a variety of needs. In addition, Sanborn has the expertise and internal resources to plan, collect, and deliver your HD Map data with unparalleled speed and accuracy.
Sanborn HD Maps For Autonomous Driving Feature:
- Accuracy in the 7-10cm absolute ranges.
- Highly detailed inventories of all stationary physical assets related to roadways such as road lanes, road edges, shoulders, dividers, traffic signals, signage, paint markings, poles, and all other critical data needed for the safe navigation of roadways and intersections by autonomous vehicles.
- Electronic Horizon Predictive Awareness – autonomous vehicles will know what lies ahead.
- NDS format compatibility (NAVHD).
- ADASIS v3 standardization.
- Proprietary Geo-Database schematics that have been reviewed by top-level DOT industry consultants.
- Integration compatibility with all forms of Municipal Data, Vehicle Supplied Data, and Crowd-Sourced datasets.
- Conflation functionality designed to improve the absolute accuracy of 3rd party Road Data (probe or alternative source) to high-precision standards.
- Online web-based analytics – designed for auto teams to review / discuss vector and point data super-imposed digitally on top of high-resolution imagery.
- Lightweight data size – data is optimized and compressed for onboard CPU systems.
For more information or to order Sanborn HD Maps Products or Services, call Sanborn customer service at 1.866.SANBORN (1.866.726.2676), or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
HD MAP SAMPLE IMAGERY
For more information or to order Sanborn HD Map products or services, call Sanborn customer service at 1.866.SANBORN (1.866.726.2676), or contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.