Sanborn technology and experience deliver top-quality emergency response orthoimagery and Lidar data for mapping production services. Emergency response requests involve limited areas, short notice, rapid delivery, and are typically needed to support planning or emergency response activities related to natural or cultural events and disasters.
The United States Census Bureau has a live map of current emergency events here
Sanborn maintains multiple state-of-the-art digital sensors and high-performance aviation resources to support our emergency response program and work within your window of opportunity. We recognize that timely, consistent, and quality collection of aerial imagery is essential in an emergency situation. Sanborn owns multiple fixed-wing aircraft and leases additional aircraft that are customizable for collection on federal, state, and local programs.
Emergency Response Services – Specifications and Processes
Please note: Final decisions on data acquisition are dependent on timing, area, proximity of resources, and resource availability. Sanborn’s production operations assume full responsibility for the orthorectification / Lidar mapping production tasks, eliminating potential for delays associated with the use of subcontractors.
Emergency Response Ortho Process
24 Hours Notice:
- Receive work order/project areas in .shp file format
- Identify sensor and mobilize within 24 hours based on availability and proximity to project area of interest
- Flight and logistics planning occurs in parallel sequence
- Imagery web services delivered within 24 hours from acquisition
Emergency Response Lidar Process
24 Hours Notice:
- Receive work order/project areas
- Emergency response mobilize within 24 hours
- Planning and control established during this time
- Delivery of Lidar products begin within approximately 72 hours of acquisition.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE CASE STUDY
For more information or to order Sanborn Emergency Response Services, call Sanborn customer service at 1.866.SANBORN (1.866.726.2676), or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Click below to contact us or to download the Sanborn Emergency Response Product Sheet