Aerial Lidar (Light Detection and Ranging) is aerial mapping technology that uses calibrated laser returns from the earth’s surface are reflected to an overflying GPS-monitored aircraft equipped with on-board positional and IMU sensors. After post-flight production processes, the acquired Lidar Map data determines the precise elevation and geospatial location of features on the earth’s surface. With innovations such as multiple intensity returns and increased pulse repetition rates, Lidar data is an accurate and effective method for creating three-dimensional topographical aerial maps and highly accurate aerial surveys of both surface terrain elements and man-made structures. Sanborn has developed a custom Lidar Mapping production workflow which adheres to the specifications outlined in the USGS Lidar Base Specification Guidelines.
Sanborn Aerial Lidar acquisition platforms include a technologically advanced Leica ALS70 sensor—a Lidar acquisition system capable of producing high density point cloud data for corridor, urban, flood plain, or general-purpose Lidar data. Leveraging our proprietary aviation, acquisition, and production assets we operate and control our entire Lidar Mapping process workflow—from acquisition to final client approval—ensuring timely delivery of accurate data that’s been subject to rigorous quality standards through every step of the process.
Sanborn Lidar data acquisition and production processes are in compliance with current USGS NGP Base Lidar Specifications. In cases where a Lidar Mapping project’s deliverable requirements exceed or are otherwise outside of the USGS guidelines, in order to ensure the best outcome for the project we can develop and / or work to a set of customized acquisition or delivery specifications. Depending on the project area and specifications, options are available for delivering varying Lidar Mapping point densities, from 1.4m (standard density) to 0.7m (high density) Nominal Point Spacing (NPS).
APPLICATIONS FOR SANBORN AERIAL LIDAR:
- 3D Modeling
- Floodplain Evaluation
- Disaster Management
- Coastal Erosion Tracking
- Airport Facilities Survey
- Nautical Charting
- Land Use Mapping and Planning
- Volumetric Studies
- Utilities Corridor Monitoring
- Transportation Planning
- Post-Incident Responding
- Engineering Applications
- Urban Planning
- Solar Installation Planning
In addition to Aerial Lidar, Sanborn offers Mobile Lidar products and services, a higher accuracy option when engineering / survey grade Lidar data is required. Mobile Lidar point cloud densities and accuracies exceed deliverables current aerial technologies provide.
AERIAL LIDAR PRODUCT CONDITIONS
- Order acceptance subject to Sanborn approval
- Price catalog is subject to change
- Available in the lower 48 United States
- High volume orders, high relief and dense terrain project areas will be subject to Sanborn approval and may require custom scheduling
- Warranted for 90 days as defined in the End User License agreement
- Shipping and handling fees may apply
AERIAL LIDAR PRODUCT DELIVERABLES
- Firm delivery schedule to be defined at time of order
- Standard coordinates, projections, and datums
- Sanborn Aerial Lidar products are furnished as bare-earth DEMs (Digital Elevation Model) and can be optionally upgraded to a DTM (Digital Terrain Model) and/or contour product.
LIDAR SAMPLE IMAGERY
LIDAR CASE STUDY
LIDAR OPERATING PRINCIPLES
CONTOURS FROM LIDAR
For more information or to order Sanborn Lidar products or services, call Sanborn customer service at 1.866.SANBORN (1.866.726.2676), or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.CONTACT US GET PDF