A current inventory of an area’s vegetation data and a means of monitoring change over time is essential for comprehensive land use and urban forestry planning. Measuring current vegetation conditions and how they are changing can be achieved through a Vegetation Classification Map. Sanborn Vegetation Classification Maps quantify and classify vegetation for a defined area through a series of thematic categories.
Using remotely sensed imagery and semi-automated classification methods, Sanborn can create cost-effective and accurate vegetation mapping products for applications across a broad spectrum of needs. Vegetation Maps can be generated using a standard classification scheme (for example: USGS Andersen Vegetation Scheme), or they can utilize a customized classification scheme to meet a specific client need.
WHO BENEFITS FROM VEGETATION ANALYSIS?
- Wildfire modeling professionals
- Water utilities professional responsible for customer consumption budgets
- Planners modeling development scenarios and landscape ordinances
- Engineers to evaluate tree loss and stormwater impacts
- Urban foresters maintaining planting and preservation
- Developers for erosion control and stormwater management
- Regulatory agencies measuring air quality benefits
Applications for Vegetation Analysis:
- Wildfire fuels modeling and management
- Invasive species management
- Air and water quality regulations
- Erosion control
- Green Infrastructure Mapping
- Landscape ordinances
- Stormwater management
- Tree loss evaluation for planting and preservation
- Store and sequester carbon Cost Savings
- Real estate values
VEGETATION ANALYSIS CASE STUDY
For more information or to order Sanborn Vegetation Analysis products, call customer service at 1.866.SANBORN (1.866.726.2676), or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Click below to contact us or to download the Sanborn Vegetation Analysis PDF Product Sheet.CONTACT US GET PDF