The web-based Oblique Analyst suite of tools operates in a server environment and is accessed and utilized via the web or any network it is published to. The Oblique Analyst viewer and tools perform a number of useful functions.
The angles inherent to oblique imagery allow viewers to see not only the tops of objects, but they can see the sides as well. All five views (four-45 degree views and the nadir view) are accessible in the Oblique Analyst and users can easily select one view as the primary view and switch back and forth between other views as necessary. The software allows users to pan and zoom within the project area to select views and also enables users to zoom in and out with a slider bar or to pan the imagery with the traditional hand cursor. For convenience, the Oblique Analyst displays a built-in compass feature and contains an overview map so users know their exact location within the project area at all times. In addition, users can quickly locate specific addresses in the dataset using the Oblique Analyst’s addressing feature. The Oblique Analyst allows integration with other software environments.
SAMPLE OBLIQUE IMAGERY
OBLIQUE ANALYST TOOLBAR FEATURES
- Select a Location – all views within the current image event are identified with a point that is on or nearby the object selected (dependent on the level of product that has been purchased).
- Show Coordinates – Show coordinates for elements in the window
- Measure Height – A featured tool is provided to measure an object’s height in the image.*
- Measure Length – A tool is provided to measure length along the side of an object in the image.*
- Measure Area – Measure the area of the surface of an object in the imagery.*
- Draw – Create points, lines, polygons, or input text on the image.
- Create a PDF – from the image for distribution.Output includes measurements, drawings, and annotations.
*Accuracy is imagery product dependent.