Sanborn first gained recognition in the 1860s for creating fire insurance maps so full of valuable information that they are widely used by modern professionals. For over 140 years, that commitment to excellence hasn’t wavered and by providing innovative, state-of-the-art mapping products and services, Sanborn continues to be a geospatial industry leader today.
As a market leader and innovator, Sanborn offers an exciting, high-energy workplace. Our goal is to remain at the forefront of the GIS and photogrammetry industry by offering high quality, technologically superior products and services backed by the industry’s most experienced staff. We will reach our goal by being knowledgeable, customer-oriented, professional and resourceful. As such, we are always looking for adventurous, committed people to join our team and help us to continue to realize our goals. As was true over a century ago, our employees are the most vital part of our organization and we credit our dedicated and talented staff for keeping us at the forefront of the mapping industry.
CURRENT SANBORN CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Search the career opportunities below and send us an application to learn how you can get started on an exciting and fulfilling career with Sanborn.
STEREO COMPILER – COLORADO SPRINGS, CO
The stereo compiler interprets and compiles data using softcopy photogrammetric workstation using photographic stereo pairs or synthesized LiDAR stereo pairs. Compiled data includes planimetric and terrain/elevation data. The technician is responsible for compiling data according to specifications and following QC procedures provided. This is a TEMPORARY position.
- Executes programs to prepare digital workstation for capture of data from aerial imagery to include completion of relative and absolute orientations and review of set-up.
- Compiles planimetric and topographic data.
- Edits files to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree, or certificate in relevant course of study, or the equivalent work experience.
- Training and positive assessment for ability to make three-dimensional measurements and interpretations using a softcopy photogrammetric instrument.
Please submit your cover letter and resume with “Stereo Compiler” in subject line to email@example.com. Sanborn is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Sanborn is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (gender / minority / veterans / disabled). We value diversity! If you are disabled and unable to apply for a position using electronic mail (email), please contact Sanborn at 719.264.5566. Our AAP for Veterans and the Disabled is available during regular business hours or by appointment. Please contact our EEO officer at 719.264.5566. Sanborn participates in the federal E-Verify program. To learn more about E-Verify, please visit: http://www.uscis.gov.