Aerial LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) is an aerial mapping technology in which laser returns from the earth’s surface are reflected to an overflying aircraft equipped with on-board GPS and IMU sensors. After post-flight production processes, the acquired data determines the precise elevation and geospatial location of terrestrial objects and man-made features. With innovations such as multiple intensity returns and increased pulse repetition rates, LiDAR is an accurate and effective method for creating three-dimensional topographical aerial maps and highly accurate surveys of both surface terrain elements and man-made structures. Sanborn has developed a custom LiDAR production workflow which adheres to the specifications outlined in the USGS LiDAR Base Specification Guidelines
Sanborn LiDAR acquisition platforms include a state-of-the-art Leica ALS70 sensor—a LiDAR acquisition system capable of producing high density point cloud data for corridor, urban, flood plain, or general-purpose data. Leveraging our proprietary aviation, acquisition, and production assets we operate and control our entire LiDAR process workflow—from acquisition to final client delivery—ensuring timely delivery of accurate data that’s been subject to rigorous quality standards through every step of the process.
Sanborn LiDAR data acquisition and production processes are in compliance with current USGS NGP Base LiDAR Specifications. In cases where a project’s deliverable requirements exceed or are otherwise outside of the USGS guidelines, in order to ensure the best outcome for a specific project we can develop and / or work to a set of customized acquisition or delivery specifications. Depending on the project area and specifications, options are available for delivering varying point densities, from 1.4m (standard density) to 0.7m (high density) Nominal Point Spacing (NPS).
APPLICATIONS FOR SANBORN LiDAR:
- 3D Modeling
- Floodplain Mapping
- Disaster Management
- Coastal Erosion Mapping
- Airport Facilities Mapping
- Nautical Charting
- Land Use Mapping and Planning
- Volumetric Studies
- Utilities Corridor Mapping
- Transportation Planning
- Post-Incident Mapping
- Engineering Applications
- Urban Planning
- Solar Mapping
In addition to aerial LiDAR, Sanborn offers Mobile LiDAR products and services. Mobile LiDAR is the best option when engineering/survey grade LiDAR data is required for projects that require an accuracy and resolution that exceed the deliverables available employing current aerial technologies.
LiDAR PRODUCT CONDITIONS
- Order acceptance subject to Sanborn approval
- Price catalog is subject to change
- Available in the lower 48 United States
- High volume orders, high relief and dense terrain project areas will be subject to Sanborn approval and may require custom scheduling
- Warranted for 90 days as defined in the End User License agreement
- Shipping and handling fees may apply
LiDAR PRODUCT DELIVERABLES
- Firm delivery schedule to be defined at time of order
- Standard coordinates, projections, and datums
- Sanborn LiDAR products are furnished as bare-earth DEMs (Digital Elevation Model) and can be optionally upgraded to a DTM (Digital Terrain Model) and/or contour product.